Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Magic Eye Ball

I tell you, this is getting out of hand. I could have sworn the build was failing when the senior members of the team adjourned to the pub last night. This morning, all was well, the build was not only working, but there was a freshly minted App in my inbox when I finally rolled into the office.

I swear, it's like magic, this software stuff, isn't it?

Sandy mentioned some nonsense about needing to sign the App with a private key. Sign with a key? I ask you, what on earth are they teaching at university these days? Everyone knows you sign things with a pen.

Anne tried to fob me off with some cock-and-bull story about how I'd forgotten to initialize the store. For heavens sake! I was going down Tesco before she was so much as a glint in the milkman's underpants. I think I can safely say that was not the problem.

Whatever the issue was ( Chris is still trying to figure that out ) it appears to be fixed now and we, the ever so humble senior staff of ElmerFudge.com have, this very evening, installed, uploaded, transferred, distributed and whatever else it was we needed to do to make our very first App available for the world to enjoy.

Don't all rush at once, but if you should be so inclined, feel free to wander your mouse over to the ever so tasteful little Android Market logo over to the right and check out what we've been up to. On your phone/tablet, search for "Magic Eye Ball" in the Market and feast your phone on the fruits of our prodigious labour.

Also, go ahead and click the Magic Eye Ball tab above for some deep-tech or how the whole kit-and-kaboodle works. Haven't read it myself, you understand, but I'm sure it's all perfectly in order.

So, without further ado, I raise my glass to the hardworking staff of ElmerFudge.com, ( and the interns ) in thanks for a job well and truly done.

Cheers! Elmer

No comments:

Post a Comment