Sunday, January 15, 2012

10,000 Maniacs

Magic Eye Ball for Android continues it's race up the ratings charts. Sometime since I last looked on Friday, it crossed the 10,000 download barrier and is well or it's way to 12,000.

Anne and Sandy will no doubt give me the complete break-down on Monday, but I had a quick look at the stats just now and some interesting things pop out: Whilst this US is understandably the biggest market for App, India is in second place, closely followed by Ireland and the UK. The Philippines then make a surprise entry and the top ten is rounded out by Australia, Brazil, Canada, Greece and Germany.

I kind of get the Philippines thing as English is one of the country's official languages and the US had significant influence over their educations system after their occupation, but I don't quite understand the Indian connection.

It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Elmer

1 comment:

  1. They (those in India) are using it as they provide tech support to all the Americans who call when they can't figure out their DVRs or whatever. "I wonder if I should tell them to plug the dumb thing in?? Magic Eyeball says ... very doubtful. Guess I'll let them keep floundering."

    ReplyDelete